In case you hadn’t noticed, I was able to complete the NCAA Division I conferences over this past weekend. Here is the list of conferences I finished up since the last post:
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (1981-1982 through present)
- Mid-American Conference (1946-1947 through present)
- Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (1970-1971 through present)
- Missouri Valley Conference (1964-1965 through present)
- Mountain West Conference (1999-2000 through present)
- Northeast Conference (1988-1989 through present)
- Ohio Valley Conference (1948-1949 through present)
- Pac-12 Conference (2011-2012 through present)
- Patriot League (1986-1987 through present)
- Southeastern Conference (1932-1933 through present)
- Southern Conference (1921-1922 through present)
- Southland Conference (1963-1964 through present)
- Southwestern Athletic Conference (1920-1921 through present)
- The Summit League (2007-2008 through present)
- Sun Belt Conference (1976-1977 through present)
- West Coast Conference (1989-1990 through present)
- Western Athletic Conference (1962-1963 through present)
It took quite a bit of time to clean all of that information up, but I think the new format – both the new color swatch format, and the new method of grouping by conference – makes it worth the while in the long run.
I need to take a bit of a break for a while (personal stuff I’ve been putting off), but I plan to get back to this soon starting with the NCAA Division II conferences. In the meantime however, I have also been replacing the Professional Team Colors pages with new “Portfolio” pages that allow me to use league-specific logos in the headers. I think it’s better visually.
One question to all of you who might be reading this: what is it about some of what I’ll call “rival” color sites do you find appealing? The complete lack of accuracy of these sites notwithstanding, what is it that makes these other sites worth using as references for color information? Maybe it’s my own ego, but it boggles my mind when I hear that both professional and amateur designers are using these pages. Would really appreciate the honest truth and criticism of what I have been doing here (in various forms) for the past 15-16 years. Not to give these sites free publicity, but here are the two that I know of and are referencing here:
Let me know if there are others I need to be made aware of as well.
And as before, here is a gallery of all of the remaining Division I conference marks – enjoy: